By Attaching An External Device Such As A DVD / CD USB, On Asus X502c You Can Not Boot From BIOS
This time I found myself facing a ASUS X502c I had to format. Attack the external USB DVD drive (the unit has no internal DVD player) and look for the option in the BIOS … but can not find it ..
In practice, the BIOS of these PC is completely different from the usual, does not select units which make the BOOT in a direct and simple … at least in the standard configuration.
If you too have this problem do not bother with and follow these steps as well as I did:
– Attack the external drive DVD to a USB port;
– Start the PC and I press the ESC key repeatedly until the following screen appears:
– After which I select “Enter Setup”.
– I move in the “Security” and arrival in the “Secure Boot Control” and the off setting it to “Disabled”:
– I effect a saving settings and reboot (key step will not work a damn!):
– ESC and pressing it back into the bios menu as I did at the beginning;
– I move this time-menu in the “Boot” and active (bringing it to ENABLE) is the “Launch CSM” that subheading “Launch PXE OPROM”:
– Unless the settings and reboot;
– I press ESC to reboot and … MIRACLE !! Now I can finally boot from DVD, simply by selecting the device !! Damn …