Acer Aspire One ZG5 AOA 110-150
The Acer Aspire One ZG5 AOA 110-150 Does Not Turn On.Black Screen.
Acer Aspire One ZG5 AOA 110-150 Has A Lack Of BIOS, Which Is Corrupt And Does Not Allow Him To Start.Sometimes He Does Not See The Battery.
Groped To Install The BIOS With Technical Recovery
I decided to publish this article because I often receive these netbooks in repair almost all with the same defect: the Acer Aspire One ZG5 AOA 110 to 150 does not turn on or suddenly not charge the battery (although it is still efficient).
Inserting a charger the LEDs come on but the netbook does not give other signs of life : no fan noise, no sound from hard disk, no images on the display .
The model Acer Aspire One ZG5 AOA 110-150 is one of the first netbook from Acer products more bodywork was available in different versions, with the hard drive or SSD with card (slow) 8 or 15GB.
Some models had even 3G card as well as WiFi. Sore point of this machine was the display of 7 inches (small) and the slow but can be overcome by installing an SSD recently (only models with SATA connector, otherwise you need to make a change to solder a connector ..).
But back to the most widespread defect of this Acer Aspire One ZG5 AOA 110-150: suddenly he stops the car to start , no sign of life except for the LEDs.
The cause is almost certainly in the BIOS, which is corrupt suddenly. Fortunately, this machine includes a procedure for recovery.
How To Solve The Problem Of The ‘Acer Aspire One ZG5 AOA 110-150
Here’s what we need:
- Acer Aspire One ZG5 stuck with power;
- USB stick with at least 16MB: normally I use an old 4GB;
- The latest BIOS file taken from the site ACER for this machine; for convenience you can download a versionBIOS_Acer_3310_A_AOA110 & AOA150.zip from my site .
WARNING : the if your machine has a different theme, that is not a AOA110 or AOA150, this file may not be correct and might corrupt the PC forever!
- HP Format Tool : to format a USB stick for this purpose. You can find it HERE ;
- Another working PC to work;
- A little patience ..
How to proceed:
– We work on another PC, download the BIOS and the HP Format Tool from links above;
– Using HP Format tool we format the USB stick in FAT32;
– Unpack the zip file containing the BIOS and let’s move in coming folder Dos_Flash : we will find within the file that interests us and that is 3310.fd .
– Copy the files 3310.fd newly formatted on the stick and rename it in ZG5IA32.fd (first part capitalized and ‘fd’ in lower case)
– We connect the Acer ZG5 to the power outlet and make sure it is turned off : ie no LED must be absolutely turned on.
– We insert the USB key previously prepared in one of the USB dell’Acero ZG5;
– Now press for 5-7 seconds on the keyboard button ‘ Fn ‘ with the key ‘ Esc ‘and meanwhile press the power button .
Holding down these two buttons together and releasing them after 5-7 seconds – if everything goes the right way, the green LED will flash and the LED on the USB also give signs of life (though of course the USB stick has a light) indicating that theWRITING BIOS process is running.
This process may take a few minutes (less than 10): It is important that during this process :
– Do not press any buttons;
– Do not turn off the machine in any way;
– Do not touch absolutely the USB stick;
If all goes well the machine automatically restarts at the end of the process!
If the process does not go to fruition try again: often fails on the first try, or file Bios is not the correct one for your car or still – and is the most likely – you have successfully created the USB stick.
In case of failure of advice:
– To try inserting the key into a different USB port;
– To try to format the key in fat32 directly with a Windows PC, without the tools HP;
– To check that the file name is correct;
– To check that the file is suitable for use in machine;
– To try a different USB key (by brand, model and capacity);